Sunday 29 January 2012

Cheeky Chocolate Drizzle Traybake!!!





Howdy bakers! If I say only one thing today it is that this chocolate cake is AMAZING! It is possibly the best chocolate cake I have ever tasted never mind baked myself. It was lucky how I stumbled upon the recipe for this wonderful little chocolate treat. So if you too want to find something like this look no further than a Northern Irish Women's Institute Cookbook. Tucked within the well read brown pages was a cut out from some unknown magazine, the pictures showing a deep and dark chocolate cake. Some lady loved this recipe so I thought why not give it a go. Today I'm going to share it with you :).This recipe includes my alterations which I think make it that little bit better *!

What you will need:

75g cocoa

3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda

4 medium eggs

370g light muscovado sugar (I just used a random mix of similar sugars I had lying around my baking cupboard)*

180ml groundnut oil

200g self-raising flour sifted

2tsp vanilla extract*

For the icing: 150g dark chocolate

2tbsp golden syrup

2tbsp double cream*

100g Crunchie* (Yum!)

1.Okay well to make this chocolately delight first whisk the cocoa and bicarbonate of soda with 200ml boiling water and leave to cool.
2.Preheat oven to 160°C and butter a traybake tin,I also lined with greaseproof paper, this made it easier to remove from the tin when finished.
3.Whisk together the eggs,sugar, vanilla extract and oil and then stir in the sifted flour. Follow with the cocoa solution. Pour mixture into tin and leave in oven for 30-40mins (I found about 35mins was perfect for me). Test with skewer, if it comes out clean, the cake is done.Leave to cool in the tin.
4.For the drizzley icing melt chocolate in cream with the golden syrup, stirring until smooth and glossy.Drizzle this over the cake and top with crunchie. Leave to cool before cutting into delectable chunks (the bigger the better!).

The best thing about this bad boy is it's moistness, I have never had a cake so soft and chocolately. I definitely recommend trying this cake, it is perfect for parties, afternoon tea, dessert, breakfast, lunch and dinner (I'm not joking,it's that good)!! 
I found this recipe by chance and now it's a favourite.Where have you been lucky enough to find your favourite recipes?
Happy baking people!

Rachaelxx

P.s. Let me know if you have any questions about the recipe or if you have any alterations that make it EVEN BETTER! 


No comments:

Post a Comment