Tuesday 31 January 2012

Perfectly Peanut Brownies!


Hiya! Two posts in one day, I am keen! So I've just started back to class after a long break for Christmas and a few stressful exams and essays. My plan was to keep on top of all my work, but I have done quite a lot of reading for this semester already so I thought I would take some time out and bake something comforting and delicious. These peanut brownies were just what I needed (I love Peanut butter!).

I found this recipe on BBC Good Food, and tweaked it just a little to accommodate what I had in my slowly diminishing baking cupboard. 
Here's what you will need:

150g chocolate
100g self-raising flour
vanilla essence
175g crunchy peanut butter
50g cocoa powder
some extra butter
3 eggs
280g light brown soft sugar

Here's what I did:

  1. Preheat oven to 160 degree fan oven.Put 150g chocolate (I used milk but dark would be better), 175g of crunchy peanut butter and 280g of light brown soft sugar in a saucepan.
  2. Heat these until the chocolate has melted and it has formed a thick paste. I added a little butter at this stage just to help it get pastey.
  3. Take off the heat and use a wooden spoon to beat 3 eggs in individually. I also added a teaspoon of vanilla at this stage.
  4. Stir in 100g of self-raising flour, I also added some cocoa powder (about 50g) to make it more chocolatey and to compensate for the extra butter.
  5. I then transferred all this to a baking dish lined with greaseproof paper and cooked in the oven for about 25-30mins. It depends how gooey you like them (very gooey in my case!).Leave to cool in tray then cut into yummy large squares :). You could also decorate them with a chocolate drizzle, or chopped peanuts.
What a treat after a long day at work or just a wee sweet pick me up(I might go and have a nibble now!). My housemate even said that she was not a nutty person but she liked those, high praise indeed!

There are so many different ways of making brownies, I want to try Chocolate Orange brownies next or Blondies. I would love to know, what is your favourite brownie recipe?Happy baking!

Rachael xx

P.s. This is the link for the original, unedited by me,recipe on BBC Good Food.  http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1272634/peanut-butter-brownies Hope you enjoy giving this recipe a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment