Tuesday 28 August 2012

Bake Off 2: Plaited Bread

Hiya guys! A savoury bake for you today, I know it's very unusual for me :).I have started my wedding diet and exercise routine, so I'm running everyday and trying to eat healthily (with a few treats..hehe!).It sucks but it will be worth it in the end and I can eat loads of cakes on my honeymoon hopefully lol. Don't worry though there will still be many sweet bakes on the blog as I still have to treat my loved ones :). Although I might try some healthy baking alternatives if you liked??


Here is my plaited bread, they looked much better on the Great British Bake Off! It's is my first attempt at bread and while it is quite a long and laborious process, I will definitely try it again! I really want to try herby sun-dried tomato bread yum yum! This bread is wholegrain and seeded! I cheated whilst making this, I used a bread mix with added yeast (I know, the shame!!). All I did was knead the dough( mix, water,salt, pepper and oil) for 10 mins, prove for 1hr, then knead again and plait. After this you just prove once more for 30 mins and then bake for 30mins at 230 degrees celsius :). I also grated some parmesan on top as I felt it needed a cheesey hit ( I LOVE cheese, have I mentioned that before, maybe that's why i'm so cheesey lol).  This bread was well yummers with some soup for my lunch. It seems quite luxurious to make your own bread, you definitely need a lazy free day to bake it :). Next up in this Bake off series is tarts! I can't express how excited I am to bake these, my mouth is watering just thinking about it :). HAPPY Baking!

Rachael xx.

P.s. Have you ever baked your own bread? do you have any yummy recipes you could recommend :)?


3 comments:

  1. Fresh bread is the best. It smells soooo good. I've always wanted a perfume that smelled like fresh baked bread... is that weird. Probably ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gosh! This looks absolutely delicious. You are such a talented baker.. I could eat every cake you have shared. Thank you so much for visiting and commenting on my blog.. I love yours!!xxx

    ReplyDelete