Tuesday 14 August 2012

Bonkers Banana and Caramel Cupcakes!



Hello friends!! Hope you had a fantastic weekend! I had such a relaxing weekend, with some wedding planning and dog walking thrown in! My fiancée and I met with a possible wedding caterer and talked yummy food for almost 2 hours :), now that's my idea of a fun Saturday! Apologies first and foremost, for not posting my nutella and banana bread (It will come, I promise!) but I just couldn't keep these little yummy cakes to myself, I had to share. These cakes I baked for a little after dinner treat last night and have such a delicious flavour.You will definitely want to try these. I seem to be baking a lot with bananas recently (can you tell I love them!). I'm sorry but I have lost the recipe for these but I changed it a lot anyway, I'm going to attempt to remember it! But if you decide to make these, and it looks all wrong, oops, I'm sorry! This recipe makes 18 cupcakes...so here goes!

Banana Caramel Cupcakes

2 bananas, mashed
90g butter, softened
2 eggs
75g self-raising flour
75g plain flour
115g dark brown sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp mixed spice
80g cream cheese

Caramel Frosting

200g cream cheese
200g tinned caramel
200g icing sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
100g butter
(grated chocolate and glitter to top, yummy and pretty!)

Method

1. Preheat oven to fan 170°C. Beat eggs, sugar,butter and vanilla with electric whisk until pale and fluffy.
2. Fold in all other ingredients.
3.Line cupcake tin with paper cases.
4. Half fill each case with cupcake mix.
5. Bake for 20mins and test with a skewer to make sure they are done.
6. Remove and cool on wire rack.
7. To make frosting, beat all frosting ingredients together. Pipe unto cupcakes and top with grated chocolate and edible glitter! Then try really hard not to devour the whole batch, it will be difficult but you can do it!!

There you go, the slightly revised recipe, hopefully I remembered everything! I will look again for the recipe, so if you have any questions, do ask me and I will try to help you :)! This evening I'm going to meet another wedding caterer and I'm very excited :) more foodie chats. Hope you are having a lovely day! Happy Baking!

Rachael xx.

P.s. I'm rather new to the world of cupcakes, I would love to know what your favourite flavour of cupcake is :)? I think mine would have to be this one, but I'm willing to try all other flavours so that I can make a truly educated decision ;)!



10 comments:

  1. Your blog is very cute! I can't wait to try those little cupcakes!

    www.thatssosara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I love bananas and love, love, love caramel. I've got to try these.

    As for my favorite flavor cupcake... I think it's probably these. Can't wait to give 'em a try... YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love bananas too, they just taste so good with sweet stuff, I have a major sweet tooth :).

      Rachael xx.

      Delete
  3. aw, yay! i love cupcakes! these look delicious!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they are super yummy :)!

      Rachael xx.

      Delete
    2. P.s. Your blog is wonderful, I instantly followed you :).

      Delete
    3. Aw, thanks girly! You are just too cute!

      Delete
  4. this looks amazing! i'm drooling right now..

    -kim
    found the route

    ReplyDelete