Monday 7 November 2016

Meal Plan Monday

Hi all! Sorry about the break from the blogosphere last week, I was having some serious technical difficulties i.e. my laptop was giving me the black screen of death. I'm back now and today I'm going to share with you my meal plan for this week. As I am obsessed with food and what my next meal is going to be ( anyone else like this? no, just me!) I love to read things like this, I find they help with inspiration for meal ideas, meal planning tips and recipe book recommendations.

Firstly, I would like to start of by saying that I am a bit of an organisational freak and I have been accused of over planning but I find that this is the best to way to keep my husband and I on a relatively healthy diet and budget and helps us eliminate food waste (this is something I feel very strongly about, I'm such a boring adult ha!). I tend to plan my meals Monday-Sunday with leftovers of main meals for lunches the next day, I order our groceries online and pick up from store on a Sunday afternoon, that way we are all stocked up for the week ahead. When planning my meals I take a few things into consideration, how many veg are in a dish, the length of time a recipe takes and if the ingredients can be kept if we don't end up making that dish on the night planned. This weeks recipes are mainly taken from Jamie Oliver's new book 'Superfood Family Classics'. On a brief side note, I absolutely adore this book, the recipes are quite simple, healthy and very tasty. I also decided to make a soup out of the Avoca Soup recipe book. this time of year always makes me feel like soup, it's so comforting and cosy, and if you throw in a cheese toastie i'm in heaven.



So here we go, here's what i'm making this week:

Monday: Slow cooker chicken madras (it's bubbling away as I type and wafting glorious spicy scents round the house). The recipe is from the Tesco Magazine, October Issue.

Tuesday: Tomato and Roast Pepper soup topped with sweetcorn and served with a cheese toastie, Avoca Soup.

Wednesday: Crispy Trout, Oats, Thyme and Veg, Jamie Oliver Family Classics.

Thursday: Super Shepherd's Pie, Jamie Oliver Family Classics.

Friday: Squash Mac 'n' Cheese, Jamie Oliver Family Classics.

Saturday: Chicken and Chorizo Bake, Jamie Oliver Family Classics.

Sunday: Veggie Gurkha Curry, Jamie Oliver Family Classics.

Monday: Merguez Beanpot, Good Food Magazine October.

There you go, that's what we will be eating for the next week. I always get quite excited when I meal plan as some of these dishes sound really yummy and also I haven't tried a lot of these recipes and I love making new things. Please let me know if you have tried any of these recipes, I would love to know what you thought. Also feel free to share your meal plan for the week or any tips and tricks you have when planning your meals. I will be checking in throughout the week with a 'what I eat in a day' post which will report back on how I get on with some of these recipes.

Thanks for reading and happy meal planning,

Rachael.




No comments:

Post a Comment