Thursday 15 December 2016

What I Eat in a Day 7

Hello again and welcome back to the Tea Cozy Kitchen! I hope you are well and are all organised for Christmas and not stressing too much, tis the season to be jolly after all! I got all my presents wrapped this morning, so I feel like i'm winning at life at the moment. Today I've got my what I eat in a day post for you, I love these posts! I like to look back on them and get ideas for what to eat! Yesterday, when I woke up I was feeling a little under the weather, I had a sore throat and head and feeling generally grumpy! The weather outside was so dark and rainy outside too which definitely didn't help perk me up! I also had a slightly reduced appetite yesterday so I ate a little less than usual (don't worry i'm making up for it today!).

BREAKFAST


 Fruit salad of 3 clementines and an apple

As I said I wasn't feeling great when I woke up so I just had quite a light breakfast and tried to get some valuable vitamins in to help me feel a little better! This was lovely for breakfast, nice and light and fresh, perfect for when you're feeling a bit yucky.

LUNCH

 Bowl of Parsnip and Stilton soup and a slice of wheaten bread

This soup is amazing and the perfect comfort food for when you are feeling a little ill. This is my chicken soup remedy. I made a big batch of this soup yesterday for the freezer so was able to have a big bowl for my lunch. If you fancy making this soup too, you can find the recipe here. It's perfect when served with some wheaten bread or I thought a cranberry and cheese toastie would also work well. I definitely felt a lot better after getting this in me. There's nothing like a thick, creamy, warming soup when your feeling poorly and freezing!

AFTERNOON SNACK

 A Large coffee and two home-made double chocolate cookies

By the afternoon I needed a pick me up. It was so dark outside my body clock wanted me to sleep. And what better way to enjoy coffee than with some yummy cookies. These worked a treat and perked me right up! I was also really cold so the coffee helped keep me warm and toasty! This cookie recipe is a new one I hadn't tried before from James Morton's 'How Baking Works' recipe book. You might remember him from the Great British Bake Off. The cookies were absolutely perfect, I wouldn't change a thing about the recipe. They were perfectly crunchy and chewy, just the way I like em. If your keen on baking or know someone who is, this book is fantastic, I would really recommend it!

DINNER

Salmon and Spinach Frittata with steamed Green Veg

Dinner was this delicious frittata from the Tesco food magazine! We both decided that it tasted very festive with the cream cheese and the smoked salmon. This was such a tasty dish and was so easy to make. And of course I had to up the veg factor with a mountain of steamed peas and broccoli. This really was just the perfect mid-week meal. I can't recommend the Tesco magazine enough for recipes, it's just fab!

That's everything I ate on a day where I felt pretty poorly! I still managed to eat good meals, you can tell I really love my food! After dinner we just settled down to watch lost and drink peppermint tea, a lovely relaxed evening. Also, we are nearly on season 3 of lost and can I just say I love Sawyer, that is all! Thanks so much for reading, I will be back soon with another foodie post,

Rachael xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment