Wednesday 18 January 2017

What I Eat in a Day 11

Hello again everyone! Happy hump day! I hope everyone's week is going well and you are feeling productive and motivated but how about a little foodie distraction!  I'm back today with my what I eat in a day post! Yesterday was a very tasty day filled with lots of fruit, veg and chocolate, definitely my kind of day. Here we go...

BREAKFAST

Banana, frozen strawberry and carrot smoothie

I have been trying to do a bit of a work out in the mornings (not like me I can assure you) to try and up my fitness a bit. The workouts are going well so far and I am really starting to enjoy the post workout endorphins but I still can't manage to eat a big meal post exercise so a smoothie is my go-to breakfast. I love the way smoothies make me feel that summer is just around the corner, they are so bright and fruity. I'm no smoothie expert but I find the trick is to have at least one veg in the mix, it can't all be fruit. Although, more fruit than veg is a good idea as it keeps it sweet. The banana makes it creamy and sweet, the strawberries give a punchy flavour, the carrot, well it's just there for nutritional benefit.

LUNCH

 Pesto Orzo pasta salad with cherry tomatoes, olives and peas (and 3 satsumas)

Lunch was leftover pasta salad from dinner the night before. I love anything with pesto so this salad is a winner with me! For dinner we served it up with oregano marinated fried halloumi and for lunch the next day I just added some extra veg. It really was very yummy and very simple to make. If you haven't tried orzo pasta before you should definitely give it a go, it is great for pasta salads or soups etc.

AFTERNOON SNACK

 Natural yoghurt with local honey, cocoa nibs and 2 squares of white chocolate (and a HUGE coffee)

Mid-afternoon and I was feeling so hungry, the workout was catching up with me I  think. So it goes without saying that I needed a huge coffee but I also needed a snack that was quite filling. I came up with this concoction and boy was it tasty and just what I needed. It definitely kept me going the rest of the afternoon. I love these mini chocolate bars, they are raspberry white chocolate and covered in rose gold powder, so beautiful!

DINNER

Moroccan Roasted vegetable, chickpea and sausage bake.

This recipe is an old favourite from the BBC Good Food 500 triple tested recipes book. However, I did have to adapt it slightly as the recipe called for chicken legs but our butcher didn't have any left so I decided to try sausages (our butcher does really good sausages). It was so good I think I will make it with sausages in future. The recipe is so simple to make and so flavourful. Basically, you just roast onions, carrots, parsnips and the sausages in olive oil and Moroccan seasoning and then you add chopped tomatoes, chickpeas and coriander. So yummy! We just had it on it's own like a stew but it would be delicious served with lemon couscous, it would also help it to go a bit further. So delicious, and I am having it for lunch today too, yay, the perks of making enough for four when there's only two of you!

Also, as this blog is an honest place, I have to come clean about something. My husband and I ate a whole terry's chocolate orange between us in the evening washed down with a peppermint tea. It was scoffed before I had the chance to take a picture. I was really craving chocolate and we still have Christmas chocolate left so I was like, YES!! I'm a firm believer that if you are really craving something, you should have it but in moderation. You should never deprive yourself, life is too short! So yes, I had half of a terry's chocolate orange last night and it was AMAZING!!

Anywho, that is everything I ate yesterday and everything for today! Did you have any good meals yesterday? What is your favourite teatime treat? Thank you so much for reading,

Rachael xx.


No comments:

Post a Comment