Friday 24 February 2017

My Favourite Teas

Hi all and welcome back to The Tea Cozy! I hope you are having a wonderful week. Today I'm going to talk about one of my favourite things, TEA!! As the name of this blog and the title of this post suggest I am a HUGE fan of tea. Firstly, let me just clarify that I don't actually like black tea, I want to, believe me and I have tried, but I just can't drink it. So this post is going to be about my top five herbal/fruity teas. I hope this blog post might help you widen your tea horizons as it's such a big world filled with all kinds of tea out there.


Before I get on to what teas I love, I thought I would just talk for a minute about why I love it and what tea means to me. I love that making a cup of tea is like taking 10mins to myself. You have to boil the kettle, let it steep, let it cool and then sip, sip, sip! The process of making a cup of tea is slow, methodical and cannot be rushed and in my world I'm constantly rushing, constantly planning and thinking about the next thing (and the next!). Making a cup of tea is like giving yourself permission to take a mini-holiday from that and just focus on your tea. I normally have a cup of tea every evening at about 8.30-9pm it settles my dinner, helps me wind down for bed, warms me up and just fills me with that little bit of peace that only a cup of tea can give.


So these are five of my favourites (it was hard to narrow it down to just five, trust me!):

1. Cherry and Cinnamon, Twinings.
This seriously tastes like you are drinking a cherry bakewell tart. What could be better?

2. Peppermint and Licorice, Pukka.
This one is so sweet, it's great for subsiding any after dinner sweet cravings and the peppermint also helps to settle your tummy after a big feed.

3. Mint and Chilli, not sure of the brand, it's from TK Maxx.
Similarly to the Pukka one this helps settle your tummy but also brings a little bit of heat.

4. Strawberry and Raspberry, Twinings.
Like summer in tea form.

5. Peppermint, Tesco.
Pure and simple peppermint tea is the best after dinner drink for me and it makes me very sleepy and relaxed.


And there you have it, my five favourite teas of the moment! Wow, all this talk of tea has really made me crave a cup! What are your favourite teas? I would really love to know, i'm always looking for a new one to try! I hope you enjoyed this post, thank you so much for reading, have a lovely weekend,

Rachael xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment