Wednesday 22 March 2017

What I Eat in a Day 19

Hi all and welcome back to The Tea Cozy Kitchen, I hope you are all having a wonderful week! Just a quick post today (while the puppy sleeps, he tortures me when he's awake!) to show you all what I eat in a day. Yesterday was a bit of a comfort food day as the snow made a re-appearance in lovely Northern Ireland and it was pretty freezing! I definitely needed that big pile of mash for dinner! What's the weather like with you? Has spring made it's presence felt yet? Anyway, on with the food, here is everything I ate yesterday...

BREAKFAST

Carrot, Mango and Banana Smoothie.

Even though it was a freezing morning, I still had to have my smoothie. I just really love starting the day on fruit and veg. This smoothie was just a frozen banana, some frozen chopped mango and a chopped carrot. It was so yummy and fresh and you really couldn't taste the carrot.

LUNCH

 Grilled cheesy wheaten bread, clementines and apple slices with peanut butter.

No leftovers for lunch means I actually have to think about what to make. Today, I wasn't really feeling cooking up a storm for lunch so I just settled for some of my home-made wheaten bread topped with grilled cheese and some more fruit.

AFTERNOON SNACK

 Coffee and a few giant chocolate buttons.

We had no baked goods in the house for my snack (sad times!). Can you tell i'm a little disorganised with this puppy running around? So I managed to scavenge a few chocolate buttons, fought off the pup who decided to steal the packet (don't worry he didn't get any!), just to get my afternoon sugar hit.

DINNER

Mushroom Chasseur with Mustard Mash.

MASH, MASH, MASH oh how I love you. I know it's such an Irish thing but I think mash is my most favourite food EVER! It's just so comforting and warming and perfect with this yummy mushroom chasseur (casserole thing!). The casserole was very simple to make, just chopped mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, thyme, garlic, masala wine and vegetable stock! The recipe for the casserole comes from 'A Girl Called Jack' by Jack Monroe.

Did you have anything tasty to eat yesterday, I would love to know. I would also love to know what your favourite comfort food is? I will be back on Friday with another post but until then I better go try and tire this puppy out so I can get stuff done :). Thanks so much for reading,

Rachael xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment