Friday 17 February 2017

Mars Bar Rice Krispie Squares


Hi all, it's that time again! FRIDAAY!!! Today, I have a little recipe for you guys. If you're anything like me then you'll love making something sweet to have in the cupboards over the weekend, just as a little treat. Well, I have the perfect recipe for that, Mars Bar Rice Krispie Squares. These little squares of yumminess are an absolute favourite of mine. I remember always making these for birthday parties as a child, they are so easy but oh so tasty! I have amped the recipe up a little, just because I can, but they were absolutely perfect in their simplest form, chocolate and krispies as well. These little guys bring back lots of childhood memories. Anyway, enough reminiscing I hear you say, give me the recipe...


Ingredients

160g Mars Bars, chopped
50g Butter, chopped
1/3 of a big box of Rice Krispies
200g Galaxy Chocolate, broken into chunks
50g White Chocolate, broken into chunks

Just a quick note- I used the Tesco version of Mars Bars as they were much cheaper and taste exactly the same. I also used Tesco's version of Rice Krispies (again, cheaper!) and feel free to use any milk chocolate which you prefer. I love Galaxy's creaminess so this was my chosen chocolate.

Method

1. Melt the mars bar pieces and butter together in a bowl over boiling water until completely melted and liquid. Turn the heat off just before this point so as not to burn the chocolate.
2. Add in the Krispies a little at a time, making sure everything is well mixed.
3. Put the Krispie mixture into a baking tray lined with baking paper. Flatten the mixture down so you would have a square about 2cm thick.
4. Put this in the fridge to cool while you get on with melting the galaxy and white chocolate separately in the same way.
5. When the chocolate has melted pour the galaxy chocolate over the cooled rice Krispie mix and smooth out so you have a nice even layer (it will start to cool immediately!).
6. Use a spoon to drizzle the melted white chocolate in straight lines over the Galaxy Chocolate, just one way. Then take a knife and run it through the chocolate in the opposite direction to the white chocolate lines to create a feathered affect. This step is just to make it look a little more fancy but you can definitely leave it out if you can't wait that long.
7. Pop back in the fridge until completely cooled and cut into squares.
8. Scoff away! It's impossible to eat just one, I recommend having two with a cup of coffee. Oh and it's a rule with these, whoever makes them gets the biggest square.


And there you have it, my recipe for Mars Bar Rice Krispie Squares. Let me know if you give these a go, they really are pretty easy and the perfect sweet treat for the weekend. What are your favourite childhood treats? Thank you so much for reading,

Rachael xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment